Wednesday, August 12, 2015

13 Aug 3301

I don't have any guns.

I wonder if this is something that I'm going to regret in the future.  On the one hand, guns can be very useful.  I might need to destroy an asteroid.  Or blow up a planet.  On the other hand, they are kinda heavy.  

I don't know why I'm actually writing in this.  I am in a ship that fits 1 person, writing in a journal that lives on the ship.  Who is even going to read this?  I guess the thought is that if I for some reason do not make it, maybe someone will find me and try to understand where I'm going.  Let's start with introductions.

I am Cmdr Roy of the starship Invictus.  I have been a starship pilot for a long time now.  I spent many years fighting other starships when I realized that I really liked exploring.  Fortunately we live in a universe where I can actually do that.

My goal is to go to the edge of the universe, and then see how much further I can go.  I don't have a super fancy ship.  Heck, I don't even have guns.  I do have a curiosity though.  That curiosity isn't going to keep the air in my ship or food in my belly, but it should get us some interesting stories.

I'm almost ready to go, really.  I need to purchase a better FSD and an Advanced Discovery Scanner.  Once I have those 2 items, I am leaving.  Goodbye civilization.  Goodbye hamburgers (what do space explorers eat?).  Goodbye everything I knew before.  The entire universe is on my to-do list and I unfortunately don't have much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment